Connect with Roma the Eternal City

Sign up our newsletter

Get more inspiration, tips and exclusive itineraries in Rome


Portico d'Ottavia

  • Via del Portico d'Ottavia, 29

A temple dedicated to Juno built in 179 BCE in the Circus Flaminius. It was restored following the war in Dalmatia in 33 BCE by Augustus and dedicated to his sister Octavia, a model of feminine virtue and ancestor to three emperors through her daughters. The structure was later modified by Septimius Severus, and in the Middle Ages, it became a fish market and entrance to the ghetto when it was established in 1555. 

Neighborwood: Sant'Angelo


Connect with Roma the Eternal City