Chiesa di Santa Maria in Portico in Campitelli
- Piazza Campitelli, 9
The medieval church was rebuilt in the Baroque style by Carlo Rainaldi for Pope Alexander VII, who wanted to commemorate the end of the plague in 1656, which had torn apart much of Naples. The church, near the leper hospital on Tiber Island, was where Romans would come to pray, begging for an end to the disease. The two pre-existing churches were joined following a solemn vow.