Chiesa di San Luigi dei Francesi
- Piazza di S. Luigi de’ Francesi
Designed atop a pre-existing oratory and begun in 1518, the church was completed in 1587 thanks to the queen mother, Catherine de’ Medici. The French church in Rome is famous for its paintings by Caravaggio, in the Contarelli Chapel, dedicated to St. Matthew with The Calling, The Inspiration and The Martyrdom. The church also conserves frescoes by Domenichino and a copy of Raphael’s Saint Cecilia by Guido Reni.